Wednesday, July 25, 2007

SIMPLE CHICKEN

Just some cooking tips from a new mom. After the birth of my son, I have been making dinner at home again. I love to eat chicken and want to share some easy and delicious ways to cook it up. Preparing it comes down to either baking, frying, grilling or boiling. When I bake chicken I find it easiest to bake quarter chicken with some breast bone, fat down, salted, peppered and butter on the top. I bake them in a glass cake pan for 40 min. at 450 degrees. This makes for some, " juicy chicken" that you can take off the bone and add to pasta, soup or salad. I throw the extra chicken right from the refrigerater to the microwave for lunch. I also have found that the Italian breading from, "Vigo" is very good if you like fried chicken with a Italian twist. I have a Foreman grill, that I love to cook with, I buy Frozen chicken breasts and take them right from the freezer to the Forman grill and they turn out purfect, not only is it convienent its fast and economical. Keep it simple. Let me know about your simple way to prepare chicken.

2 comments:

Oahu Memories said...

Vigo...Foreman...Frozen ..how long in the Foreman Grill?

MISSY WHITE said...

Hello Jason, Vigo is a brand of Bread crumbs this is for frying chicken. For grilling chicken in the foreman grill, it takes about 6 min from frozen, the thinner the breast of chicken the less time in the foreman grill. You can season the frozen chicken just after cooking a few min. Hope I answered your questions.