Saturday, July 21, 2007
WHAT? A C-SECTION?
In September 2005, I found out that I was going to be a new mother. I was prepared to give birth naturally, this was something I was anticipating. I was over 30 and I felt the experience would move me to another level of women hood, Like a catipillar turning into a butterfly". I was going to grasp the moment. As I got closer to my due date the baby was growing, " off the charts". He had not dropped and was still up high and causing my little frame alot of stress. My doctor brought up the idea that I may have to have a C-Section. This scared me I felt like I wasnt going to be able to understand the whole," women giving birth thing", that I would loose the possible connection with the reality of what makes me a women. I wanted to cry. I dont believe in surgery unless its necessary especially, major surgery. Most of my girlfriends had C-Sections and they are 15 to 20 years older than me. They all say good things about there experience of a C-Section, I guess to make me feel better about it. I was going to hold out a week or two to see if the baby would drop, but I had gained over 60 pounds and I really couldnt get around very well by myself. I needed to make a decision that was good for me and my situation. I went forward with the C-Section and little did I know I would be out of commission for a couple of months. I had to have someone help me get around, I had to work from home and I had to becareful about lifting and carrying heavy things over five pounds for many months. I want to say, "Thank goodness" for those people around me that helped me out during that time. Its been over a year now and I still have some problems with pain in my abdomen, I think its after lifting or carrying over 20 pounds at one time. Well however, I thought it would be, I made a decision, I have no regrets, and my son is healthy, smart, and beautiful, and that alone was worth the surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment