Sunday, July 22, 2007

What you need to know about Deeds and Quit Claim Deeds and the Law!

Have you ever been in a legal battle in a civil matter? I have and what I have found is that the system is unjust and unethical as well as an easy escape to criminals and people who are in the wrong. I had a situation where a Deed was not properly noterized by the notary, the person who was signing the Deed, to give me ownership in property,asked the notary, because he was in another location at the time and was busy with work, if the notary could email the document to him he would sign the document and return the document by mail. The notary told me he could notarized the Deed this way and that it was legal. About a year and half later, I was served papers by the person who gave me Title, claiming Fraud and Forgery and partition of property. I had many documents and papers to suggest otherwise including the envelope, Durable Power of Attorney emails, ect. What I came to find out is that the Law said," the Deed needed to be signed in front of the Notary to be a valid Deed". The party who was suing me, also sued the notary and settled out of court for a small cash value. I found this interesting because I was the one with the loss, even though the document was signed in GOOD FAITH the courts where going to determine this a invalid Deed. I find this very unjust and a big joke that a person can willingly sign a Deed admit to it and the Deed is invalid. This meant I would loose my right and half ownership of the property. The attorneys covered up the part of the Plaintiffs Complaint, where its claims," Fraud and Forgery" by having the other party claim, " in his deposition, that," he never read through his own Complaint, and didnt know what was he was charging me with". This is so I cannot go back and sue the Plaintiff for the Bogus Claims. This idea should be outlawed there was alot of hanky Panky going on in the depositions, like in the Plaintiffs deposition he would answer my attorney's questions one way, and then his attorney would ask the same questions and the Plaintiff would answer the question opposite. This all was being recorded I believe it to be a conspiracy. The Plaintiff and I settled out of court because proceeding would not benefit either of us and as far as the notary is concerned he believes its not his fault about his not properly notarizing the Deed, and is trying to blame his actions on me which,I found very funny I am still in the process of suing him for malpractice. The moral of the story is during any transaction being a car, house, money or jewlry make sure you speak with an attorney so that they can advise you on how to accept the gift so that its recorded. If you dont have much money try prepaid legal services a $26 a month fee covers everyone in your household and at you can make as many phone calls to them about any subject, depending on your membership, you want. I have used them and they are full of good information.

No comments: